Sustainability at Binani Industries Limited
Binani Industries Ltd. is committed to address all significant aspects of sustainability through ethical business conduct and uphold stakeholder interest. The objective is to make the world a better place for present and future generations. Our business model has a progressive and innovative outlook, dedicated to excellence in performance not only across revenue and economic growth but also across the metrics of environmental sustainability & social equity. The company believes in converting sustainability risks into business opportunities.
The Braj Binani Group has a strategic approach to improving the quality of life of the people living in the society around us and forms a part of our core business activities. The community development activities are focused on the development of the local communities around our manufacturing operations. The company works in tandem with the communities and play an important catalytic role in their growth. The company has launched several initiatives to support various social development activities as a part of the company’s commitment toward inclusive growth and create an environment that is sustainable and enterprising. Some of these endeavors are listed below.
- Ghanshyam Binani Foundation, a not for profit, charitable organization that has touched innumerable lives and created a difference in society. The focus areas of the foundation are education, health and livelihood.
- Ghanshyam Binani Foundation has instituted an annual national bravery award in the memory of Shri Ghanshyam Binani, for children below the age of sixteen that helps to inculcate a spirit of courage and humanity amongst our youngest citizens. The award honors acts which reflect the spirit of courage, humanity and presence of mind.
- The G. D. Binani Trust runs a post-graduate college at Ghanshyam Binani Academy of Management Sciences, an esteemed institute of higher learning, at Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh.
- BCL has taken major initiatives towards education, health care, and livelihood, which include setting up Vaikalpic Vidyalayas in the village Thandiberi, to benefit tribal students. A training center for women was set up wherein women are imparted training in tailoring skills, and have additionally been provided financial support for purchase of sewing machines.
- The Youth Empowerment Program channelizes the youth energy, grooms and assists them in becoming responsible citizens of society. This endeavor aims to improve the personal development of the youth through various activities including team sports, debates and eco-drives. Members of four local youth clubs are part of this initiative.
- The children at the Government High School, Binanipuram receive numerous facilities including special tutorials for weak students, free meals, medical check-ups, and award for ‘Best Outgoing Student’.